Who’s ready for holiday goodies galore?! This time of year is so exciting and can be so so stressful. So today, I’ve got a few tips and tricks to help you make your holiday season a breeze! Ok, well at least a little less dramatic than aunt Tilda’s Christmas beehive incident…
First, let’s talk cookies. There seems to be an endless list of events that need to be attended that, oh yeah – you gotta bring a treat to share! #eyeroll but also #yayforgettingtoserveothers 😉
Im here to help! This is my all time favorite, quick and easy, show stopper Peanut Butter Cookie recipe. I guarantee you already have everything you need to make these in your pantry. Plus they are just SO good. Everyone freaks out every time I bring these to events.
Peanut Butter & Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
- 1 egg
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup peanut butter (any kind works, but my favorite is Peter Pan Cream Honey Roast!)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Handful of any type of chocolate chips (my favorite are white)
- Bonus (but not necessary) 1 scoop of Biscotti Cookie Spread
- Combine and mix all ingredients
- Make into small balls and place on greased cookie sheet
- Bake on 350 F 10-12 minutes
- Let sit and harden
***Important note! The goal here is to NOT let them get brown. Watch them closely and when in doubt, take them out earlier than you think. No one likes burnt peanut butter, but if you take them out quick enough they will stay a little soft and gooey inside and this is THE BEST. This also means these cookies tend to bend and break easily, but they are SO worth it. So let them sit and cool or else they will still be like hot dough if you try to grab them too soon. Seriously guys, showstopper.
Next lets talk parties.
First, you need cute invites, right?!
Basic Invite created these gorgeous and simple invites with their holiday party invitation template and sent them to me! I just chose the template I wanted and plugged in my few bits of personal info and bam the invites were done and in the mail to me. I loved this template and didn’t make any changes (which is rare for me) but you can go in and change everything about their templates to make them match your color scheme, font preference, etc. The whole process is simple and quick. Plus! They will even address (return and guest) your envelopes in a beautiful font so you don’t have to. You can email all your friends a link, they input their address info and Basic Invite saves it for every future order. It’s so smart and takes one more thing off your list. I was so happy and impressed with the quality of the cards, the colors are really vibrant and beautiful and the paper is a great quality, that I ordered my 2017 Christmas Cards through them.
Bonus!! Right now Basic Invite is offering 30% off with coupon code: holi30
Next, you need to throw your party. Here are my best tips for a simple, fun evening.
- Keep it simple. Don’t try to do everything yourself. Include on the invite for everyone to bring a snack to share. You provide the place and the plates, they provides the treats.
- Be clear that people can also bring savory treats and drinks, not just cookies or sweets to the event to avoid cookie overload and sugar comas.
- Turn the lights down low, light some candles and call decor done!
- Make everything accessible. Don’t play hostesses/waitress all night. Have everything your guests need already ready to go and easy to see/grab. Cups, ice, plates, etc. Have it all set out in a heavy foot traffic area and it will cut down on questions and needy guests.
- Have Tupperware or ziplock bags ready to go so at the end of the night you are not left with 300 leftover cookies and snacks. Send everyone home with a goody bag.
A stress free party is truly the greatest gift of all. Focus on connecting with your friends and family and worry less about making everything perfect. All of my favorite nights and events I remember are those fuss free ones where I felt comfortable and there was lots of laughter.
I hope that describes your holiday season….and if not well, we all right there with you. Deep breaths friends!
And here is a sneak peek at our 2017 Christmas Cards, that I ordered and paid for myself, through Basic Invite. The paper is nice and thick and that gold embossing is to die for! They have so many great templates, again that are all editable. They will make the perfect Christmas cards, cookie party invites or even a company christmas party invitations!
Thank you so much to Basic Invite for sponsoring this post and sending me the lovely Cookie Party Invitations. Sponsors like this help keep this blog running and me sharing lots of great DIY with you! Visit Basic Invite and be sure to use the code holi30 to grab all the cards you need for this lovely holiday season at 30% off!